Thursday, December 20, 2012

2012 Best Books: 3 x 3 x 3

As a longtime book-review editor for national magazines, and the current book reviewer for Good Housekeeping, I'm on every book publisher's mailing list, and receive an average of five pre-press book galleys every week. That's about 250 books every year. But I only get to review a fraction of these, and even those I review--well, there's a lot more that could be said about them if space restraints were removed. So once again, I'm taking the opportunity of year's end to do what everyone else does this time of year: write up my own Best-of 2012 list.

Actually, I've got three lists, each with three books: Best Books You Never Heard Of; Next-Best Books You Never Heard Of; and Books I Wish I'd read.

In my next post, I'll start at the top, with my favorite book of the year...

No comments:

Post a Comment